I have once again been honored by a Liebster award, that most flattering of all chain letters.
This time by Tammie of TTE Designs.
I'm trying to talk her out of some of her amazing handcrafted jewelry for my upcoming Mother's Day giveaway, so here goes . . .
Here are her questions:
1. The most beautiful place you've ever visited.
I have traveled a lot. My dad was an airline pilot and my mom was a flight attendant, so . . . a LOT a lot.
I don't even know how I would choose.
But . . . the Grand Canyon is really extraordinary. Bobby asked me, "Mom, who painted that?" and I said, "God."
2. If you could invite a historical figure to dinner
who would it be and why?
Jesus, right? It's got to be Jesus. I would like to have dinner with Jesus.
3. What would you serve them for dinner?
I've got a really good port wine and cherry pork chop recipe, and he probably never had pork chops the first time he was here. So, probably that.
4. If you had a superpower what would it be?
Bilocation would be nice. That way I could hold the baby and empty the dishwasher at the same time. Or do homeschool lessons for five different grades all at once.
5. Favorite childhood memory?
Getting to travel all over the world with my parents.
And the year I got a Cabbage Patch Kid for Christmas.
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I think I will be pretty much the same, but with even more gray hair. I expect to still be wife-ing and mothering and homeschooling and writing. But without a baby around, I guess. Oh dear, that makes me squeeze this chubby little gal in my lap a little tighter.
7. Favorite movie?
I'm going rogue and answering a different question. The last movie I saw was The Book Thief. I really enjoyed it. I haven't reviewed it yet on the blog, because I keep thinking I should read the book first. But I thought the movie was really great. It's on Netflix, but not streaming (boo).
8. Favorite book?
Is not possible. I have too many favorites. Here's what I'm currently reading (or recently finished) instead:
For Lent . . .
Introduction to the Devout Life (recommend very highly, if you haven't read it, really you should)
For our Little Flowers Book Club . . .
A Little Princess (a classic, and great for discussing the virtue of endurance)
For the Motherhood and Jane Austen Book Club . . .
Mansfield Park (my least favorite Jane Austen, but any Jane Austen will do. Haley thinks I should like it more.)
For the blog . . .
The Last Policeman by Ben H. Winters (so far, I'm really enjoying this murder mystery set in the last few months before an asteroid hits the earth)
Our Holy Father, the Pope: The Papacy from Saint Peter to the Present (a great read for kids and families, especially before the big Pope JPII canonization this month)
9. If you couldn't live in your home country,
where would you choose to live?
Italy? Australia? Ireland? Luxembourg? Jimistan? (That's the fictional oil platform micronation we plan to establish if things really go to pot here in 'merica.)
I think I'd really be happy to live anywhere. I'm generally able to find the good in any situation, and the nice thing about having a big family is that if you move, you bring your community with you.
I'd want to bring my parents along with us, and my in-laws, and all the aunts and uncles and cousins. And my entire homeschool group. But that's it.
10. What did you want to be when you grew up
[and are you doing it]?
A writer [yes]. But I never thought much of being a mother. And I'm doing quite a bit of that too.
11. Three words to describe yourself.
Homemaker. Homeschooler. Catholic.
And now . . . per the rules of the Tammie's Liebster Award, I get to tag five bloggers with fewer than three thousand followers and ask them eleven new questions of my choosing.
But since no one is actually in charge of the Liebster Award and everything's made up and the points don't matter, I'm tagging ELEVEN bloggers.
1. Blythe at The Fike Life. You may wish to check out this post:
2. Micaela at California to Korea and back again. You may wish to check out this post:
3. Sarah at Two Os Plus More. You may wish to check out this post:
4. Molly at Molly Makes Do. You may wish to check out this post:
5. Abbey at Surviving Our Blessings. You may wish to check out this post:
6. Carolyn at Svellerella. You may wish to check out this post:
7. Elizabeth at Super Swell Times. You may wish to check out this post:
9. Anne at the Bazin Chronicles. You may wish to check out this post:
10. CupCake Earthquake. You may wish to check out this post:
11. You at Your Blog. See below.We went to mass yesterday. (I even wore a DRESS AND HEELS). I remembered some things, had forgotten others and cried a lot. I felt moved, but more so I felt really lost and found at the same time. I felt like I had more potential than I had in months, I felt peace, I felt calm, I felt still, and I felt the boulders on my shoulders being lifted.
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
1. Where do you live? And why do you live there?
2. What are you currently watching and/or reading?
3. What kind of Catholic are you: cradle, or convert? (Or considering?)
4. Can you point to one moment or experience that made you a practicing Catholic? (Or want to be?)
5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
6. Are you a good dancer?
7. Who usually drives, you or your husband?
8. What's your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it?
9. Which is correct? Left or right?
10. Do you have any scars?
11. What's the most famous thing you've ever done?
Didn't get tagged? Doesn't matter. Play along and link up your post! Don't have a blog? That doesn't matter either! Everything's made up! Answer in the comments.
Not enough about me? Check out my first (three) Liebster Awards, all in one Liebster-ific post!